For over 40 years, International Shipcare has been at the forefront of excellence in layup services, with its world-class facilities and distinction in quality and expertise.
Established in 1975, ISC is the first company in the region to provide organised ship and vessel layup services in the Brunei Bay. Through the years, our extensive experience and impressive track record has made us a market leader in the layup industry. At ISC, our commitment to our clients goes beyond just our layup services. We support our customers goals by ensuring their assets are cared for and returned to service in optimal condition following layup, regardless of duration.
Through our experience in the layup business, ISC understands the importance of preservation and maintenance when a vessel is taken out of service. To maximize the benefits for our clients, we have developed an effective formula that tailors the layup program to match the specific requirements of each owner and their vessel.
With our clients interests in mind, our layup program has been developed with particular emphasis on the two critical areas of focus, namely, asset condition and cost benefit.
Our anchorage in Brunei Bay is designated by the Malaysian Marine Authorities exclusively for the laying up of ships, rigs and other marine craft. Advantages of the Bay of Brunei are:
- Geographically ideal for layup
– 20-30m water depth
– grey mud sea-bed
– Shielded from harsh weather conditions and typhoon belt
- Labuan is an offshore oil and gas industry hub
- High level of security – regular patrols by the MMEA (Malaysia Maritime Enforcement and Marine Police, presence of Malaysian Air Force base and military
- No recorded incidents of vessel pilferage or piracy
When you layup your vessel with ISC, you can be assured the best service from a layup service provider. Our layup services are:
- provide a comprehensive solution for our clients
- focus on preventing the deterioration of ship machinery, electrical equipment and vessel systems over medium to long-term periods.
- encompass proven maintenance programs specifically tailored to meet the requirements of each vessel and the owner.
- offer shipowners and operators a cost advantaged alternative to anchoring and maintaining with own crew
- can be effectively carried out on a short, medium or long term basis, at client’s discretion
- locally coordinated from our shore base in Labuan F.T.
- team of more than 100 people, experts in the fields of marine engineering, safety, security and watch-keeping.