What We Do
(+6) 087 415 277
We are a turn-key solutions provider for the layup of all marine vessels. Our services include:
Preparation for layup of vessels
ISC works in tandem with the Client’s team to prepare a layup checklist and guideline according to the vessel specification. ISC recommends the preparation of a full list of ship’s defects during the preparatory phase. To ensure prompt reactivation, ISC recommends Client address critical defects prior to handover or ISC can address these defects during the layup period on behalf of Client.
One-stop center for layup services:
Liaison with authorities
- Layup requires the involvement of various authorities and governing bodies. ISC is able to work along with Owners, Flag, Classification society, makers and insurance underwriters as early as the planning and discussion stage. We will notify the relevant local port authorities and seek necessary approvals to facilitate the layup slot for Owners.
- ISC will assist in preparation of mandatory inspections and audits during this period
Liaison with Client’s team – pre arrival
- Our team will work closely with the Client to thoroughly plan for the arrival of the vessel into layup. Layup guidelines and checklists will be sent to Client for completion prior to vessel’s arrival in layup anchorage.
Liaison with Client’s team – arrival
- ISC’s services cover interface with local Port Authority upon vessel arrival, pilotage, tug boat service providers, agent and port chemist services.
- ISC will work closely with Client on repatriation of non-essential crew
- ISC engages the services of an expert third party specialist to provide underwater maintenance, servicing and repair work on vessels.
- Services range from mandatory underwater services at commencement of layup period (pre survey, blanking and plugging of underwater hull opening), preservation and maintenance during layup period and underwater services to facilitate reactivation including survey, hull cleaning and propeller polishing according to class requirement.
- ISC will ensure vessel is anchored at designated layup coordinates allocated by Port Authority
- ISC will carry out 16 weekly anchor management operations in compliance with local port authority requirement and at the same time carry out thorough inspection of anchor chains condition deployed for usage.
- ISC able to perform 6 monthly underwater survey to monitor condition of underwater hull and anchor chain based on Owners requirement
Secondary base in Sipitang
ISC’s main operation base is situated in Labuan Island, while a secondary operation Base is located in Sipitang, Sabah mainland across the bay to provide greater response and resource mobilization.
All ISC’s operations are fully governed under the PTW (permit to work) system and all work will be analyzed based on their Risk prior to engagement.
- HSE Department strictly monitors and controls the work process to reduce and eliminate risks to personnel, clients asset and environment
- ISC’s top notch emergency response is the best in Labuan due to ERT’s (Emergency Response Team) knowledgeable and experienced personnel.
- ISC conducts Table Top Drills as annual program with majority of local government bodies and enforcement agencies including Emergency response team (Fire Brigade, Paramedics, Coast Guard, Air Force, Marine Department, Port & Harbour Authorities, Oil Majors in Labuan and Supply Base) to share and enhance our emergency resources in ISC as well as with local authorities.
Quick response to queries
- ISC provides regular updates on status of laid-up vessel
- Reports incorporate current photographs and videos (if requested) on vessel conditions and maintenance/preservation works carried out
ISC offers a specialised logistics service which covers the entire supply chain management of ship spares and marine parts. We aim to provide our Clients a fully integrated service which is time and cost efficient. ISC works effectively with its third party vendors to offer logistics services which cover demobilization of equipment from vessels entering lay up periods. Our services include:
- Local storage at our warehouse facility
- Transfers to other vessels in Client’s fleet or local delivery
- Transfers to Client’s operational hub locally or overseas
Crewing and inspection
ISC provides the manpower to carry out the lay-up preparation, with the assistance of the existing crew (where applicable). After initial lay-up has been achieved, crew can be reduced until the vessel is finally de-manned or reduced to an agreed level. If unmanned, ISC provides watchmen to ensure security of vessel, and staff to carry out maintenance routines.
ISC places importance on recording, documenting and photographing (where necessary) all work carried out during layup preparation period and layup period.